The main project that me and my colleague designed for Operating Systems course ( Spring 20 ) - TA of OS

Project Description ( summary ):

The goal of this project is to gather information about incoming and outgoing packets in system. ( some kind of packet capturing )

The desired informations are :

• Lenght of packet
  • Protocols of packet ( in all available layers of network except application layer, for example Ethernet,IP,TCP )
  • Hash value of packet
  • Total Processing time of packet

Phase one :

1. implement a systemcall with a single integer input indicating what information you desire from packets and single output buffer to copy the data from kernel space to user space.
  2. an interactive user space program that talks to the user and systemcall call above ( clean input and output for user ).

Phase two :
    1. implement a kernel module with a single proc entry file for input indicating what information you desire from packets and single proc entry file for output and to copy the data from kernel space to user space.
    2. an interactive user space program that talks to the user and kernel module and proc entry files above ( clean input and output for user ).

Phase three :

Performance comparsion of kernel module and system call ( the first two phases ).

DOWNLOAD PROJECT DESCRIPTIONS IN DETAIL

Approach Taken for answer:

All of the desired informations are in sk_buff data structure.
    my approach was to clone sk_buff from driver, right before the driver ( here : e1000 ) wants to pass the packet to the next network layer handler ( application or the NIC ). with this approach i will have a clone for each packet.
    now that i have the information the rest is easy, just copy the desired information from the sk_buff to the output buffer and copy from there to user space.

Mobile Application (iOS/Android) Interactive Prototype

Transparently Proxy All Traffic Through TOR

Easiest Way to Run Multimedia (GUI) Applications Inside Docker

the ,and ,to ,of ,from ,for ,of packet ,user space ,to the ,kernel module ,copy the ,above clean input ,user space program ,from kernel space

مشخصات

تبلیغات

آخرین ارسال ها

برترین جستجو ها

آخرین جستجو ها

MY little planet فرضیه ماندگار دوست یابی با شماره موبایل friendtel کسب و کار اینترنتی سومٰا | SOOMA مس و خاتم (صنایع دستی خاتم کاری روی مس) دلنوشته هایی در رابطه با«سردار سپهد سلیمانی» شهدای سیاهکلان کابینت جدید